1. We believe the whole Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21, is the verbally inspired and infallible, authoritative Word of God and that God gave the words of Scripture by inspiration without error in the original autographs. God promises that He will preserve His Word; Jesus said, "my words shall not pass away" - Matt. 24:35. We believe God has kept that promise by preserving His infallible Word in the traditional Hebrew and Greek manuscripts and that the Authorized Version (KJV) is an accurate English translation of the preserved Word of God, and is the only accepted Bible to be used in preaching and teaching.
2. We believe there is one, and only one, living and true God, an infinite, intelligent spirit, and the maker and supreme ruler of heaven and earth. We also believe that in the unity of the Godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Ghost. Equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Ghost in a miraculous manner; born of Mary, a virgin, as no other man was ever born or can ever be born of a woman, and that He is both the Son of God, and God the Son.
4. We believe that man was created in innocence under the law of His Maker, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless and happy state, in consequence of which all mankind are now sinners, not by constraint, but by choice; and therefore under just condemnation without defense or excuse.
5. We believe that Christ died and shed His blood according to the Scriptures, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God. We also believe that He arose bodily from the grave the third day, and that He, only, is the Great High Priest, and we need not the intercession of any man, but that Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us.
6. We believe that in order for you to be saved, the soul must be born again. Repentance toword sin and faith in the shed blood of Christ are the two inseparable and necessary requirements for salvation.
7. We believe the church is a body of baptized believers whose mission is to preach and teach the Gospel of Salvation to the individual soul. We also believe that all Christians are called unto life of separation from worldly and sinful practices and to a life of usefullness of Christ. We do not believe in a universal or invisible church.
8. We believe that at Christ's coming in the air, the bodies of the dead in Christ shall be raised incorruptible and re-united with soul and spirit. The bodies of Christians who are alive shall be changed and glorified without dying, and shall be caught up to be with the Lord. The saved will then appear before the judgement seat of Christ to be rewarded for their deeds, and the lost will remain on earth to endure the seven year tribulation period. After these things Christ will return bodily and visibly to the earth, with His saints, and shall rule the world in righteousness for a thousand years at the end of which all the unsaved will be judged at the Great White Throne and the saved will enjoy Heaven forevermore.
7515 Gulf Hwy * Lake Charles, LA 70607 * 337-480-0801